Ernest Gulbis's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ernest Gulbis's forum

Everything about the talented player Ernests Gulbis

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Olympic games interview

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kath
Admin
Kath

Olympic games interview Empty
PostSubject: Olympic games interview   Olympic games interview Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:05 pm

I'll post here Ernests's interveiw after his loss tomorrow when I'm back home.
Back to top Go down
http://ernestsgulbis.fr.gd
Kath
Admin
Kath

PostSubject: Re: Olympic games interview   Olympic games interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

- You look more tired than angry with yourself.

- No, I'm not too angry with myself. Of course, no loss is enjoyable but I didn't have that much time to get properly prepared for the Olympics. I was longer in Cincinnati therefore I had many flights in a short space of time - from the US to Latvia, home only for 1 day, then to Beijing. That and the unlucky draw - I had to play against a player who doesn't make many mistakes.

- Did you lose more today to Davydenko or to the heat? You took the towel after every point even in the first games of the match.

- It's hard to play against Nikolay in any conditions. He's a world class tennis player, number 4 in the world. Therefore I'm not looking for any excuses. He played very well, I didn't play too well and that is visible in the final result.

- Have you played anywhere else in a similar climate?

- No. This was the first time I played in Asia and in such climate, the first time I had so many flights before a tournament.

- How was your knee?

- Actually it was fine, it didn't hurt today. It's very up and down with my knee - sometimes I completely forget about it, sometimes there are problems.

- Were you able to feel the aura, the atmosphere at the Olympics at all? Feel that you are in a special sports event?

- Of course I felt it. I want to give many thanks to the Latvian Olympic committee because they did everything possible so that both my coach and I could feel as comfortable here as possible. Everything was great, I could concentrate completely on my practice and the match. I chose to live in a hotel because I wanted to change my routine as little as possible but I went to the Olympic village and saw everything there, it was an interesting experience.

- So to London for the medals?

- [Smiles] Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves... But I think this experience will prove to be valuable in 4 years. What now? Next Tuesday we're flying to the US. Now I want to go and talk to my coach, decide what our plans are. So there are many questions I can't answer right now. But I know for sure that I won't stay in Beijing for more than one day. I'll go home to relax and practice, maybe we'll even decide to go to the US earlier.

Nikolay Davydenko after the match:

- To tell you the truth, knowing Ernest, I was expecting a harder match today. But the weather played a big role today - the high humidity. The balls were heavy, it was hard for him to serve and therefore his control was much worse. It's very important to correctly acclimatize here because the conditions outdoors are very different from indoors. If you don't take care you can become tired already after 10 minutes in an open stadium and then it's not possible to play anymore. You have to spend more time outside to get used to these conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://ernestsgulbis.fr.gd
zatil hidayah

zatil hidayah

PostSubject: Re: Olympic games interview   Olympic games interview Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:24 pm

its ok ernests... london 2012 will wait for u... cheers

maybe he did not get enough rest then got to prepare for the olympic... after at all... this is not easy job to do... congrats to u...!!!... flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympic games interview   Olympic games interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olympic games interview
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ernest Gulbis's forum :: English part :: articles&interviews-
Jump to: